P.K. Subban just reminded everyone why the Montreal Canadiens shelled out $72 million to keep him around for a while. 

The Habs defender had just exited the penalty box and blew by Tyson Barrie to pick up the puck. The Avs will have nightmares Saturday night about what happened next. 

Subban scored two goals, pacing the Canadiens to a 3-2 win over Colorado.

"You see him on TV all the time," Colorado goalie Calvin Pickard said about Subban. "He's a special talent, and you saw that on the third goal. He dangled me pretty good." 

Subban told reporters that he was more mad at the penalty he took than happy at the goal.

"I was still ticked off that I took a penalty," Subban said. "I'm taking penalties every game. It's fine now, we're winning, but I've got to stay out of the box. It's great to get the goal, but if you're going to be a leader on the team, you have to set the example. I haven't done a good job of that. But I'm obviously happy to get the goal." 

With files from The Canadian Press